Raun and Kristin: Bringing Hope into your Home
Take a fun, feisty, fast-paced break from your day, and get some very useful tips and information to make your daily life easier. Enjoy a bi-weekly half hour with Raun, a funny and sharp international lecturer who is himself fully recovered from severe autism and Kristin, a high-energy inspirational autism mom, national speaker, and diet/sensory integration specialist. The show swings quickly through fun and informative segments, including:
- Argument of the Day: Raun and Kristin argue about a particular (often gender-related) topic.
- Invention of the Week: Brilliant inventions – that don’t exist but should – are concocted by the hosts. Listener ideas are welcome!
- Celebrating Our Kids: An inspirational autism story – sometimes small, sometimes big – is presented to brighten your day. Listener stories are invited!
- Theme of the Show: A more in-depth discussion of a particular topic of immediate use to you, the listener. Chock full of ideas, tips, and techniques.
- Kristin’s Korner: Special tips uncovered by Kristin.
- Raun’s Rant: A raucous sound-off about a current issue. Disagreements (or agreements) from listeners are welcome!
Listen to this show:
Tantrums, hitting, shouting, pinching, etc. are really our children’s attempts to communicate as best they can in a hectic and often unresponsive world. The good news is that Raun and Kristin are here to show you some simple, doable strategies to enable your child to find sweet and useful ways to communicate and get their needs met. Your hosts also argue about whether men or women are better kissers, invent some surprising variations on contact lenses, and celebrate our kids. Kristin hands you some can’t-miss ideas for your life, and Raun makes a plea to “stop calling our children tragic.”