Raun and Kristin: Bringing Hope into your Home
Take a fun, feisty, fast-paced break from your day, and get some very useful tips and information to make your daily life easier. Enjoy a bi-weekly half hour with Raun, a funny and sharp international lecturer who is himself fully recovered from severe autism and Kristin, a high-energy inspirational autism mom, national speaker, and diet/sensory integration specialist. The show swings quickly through fun and informative segments, including:
- Argument of the Day: Raun and Kristin argue about a particular (often gender-related) topic.
- Invention of the Week: Brilliant inventions – that don’t exist but should – are concocted by the hosts. Listener ideas are welcome!
- Celebrating Our Kids: An inspirational autism story – sometimes small, sometimes big – is presented to brighten your day. Listener stories are invited!
- Theme of the Show: A more in-depth discussion of a particular topic of immediate use to you, the listener. Chock full of ideas, tips, and techniques.
- Kristin’s Korner: Special tips uncovered by Kristin.
- Raun’s Rant: A raucous sound-off about a current issue. Disagreements (or agreements) from listeners are welcome!
Listen to this show:
We all have goals that we are working on with our children, but, since autism is a social-relational disorder (not a math disorder), Raun and Kristin make the case for focusing on social goals first – and pinpoint the 4 goals that are most important to focus upon. Your hosts also argue about long vs. short hair on men and women, concoct anti-flatulence inventions, and use the “Celebrating Our Kids” section to celebrate one of our listeners. Kristin provides some quirky insights on mindless eating, building stronger bones, and visiting the dentist.